|Statuss(Aktīvs)||Izdruka||Arhīvs(0)||Studiju plāns Vecais plāns||Kursu katalogs||Vēsture|
|Course title||Bachelor Thesis|
|Total Hours in Course||400|
|Number of hours for lectures||16|
|Number of hours for seminars and practical classes||144|
|Independent study hours||240|
|Date of course confirmation||08/03/2017|
|Responsible Unit||Department of Landscape Architecture and Planning|
|Dr. arch., prof. Natalija Ņitavska
|There is no prerequisite knowledge required for this course|
|The final thesis is a research project in which a student independently works on the territory planning, analysis of the literature on the topic, designing tasks, as well as analyses and systemizes obtained primary research results. The Bachelor thesis verifies the ability of a student to apply the acquired theoretical and practical knowledge in landscape designing and to fulfil the related scientific task.|
|Learning outcomes and their assessment|
|•Knowledge: students acquire in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of the research topic, as well as they learn requirements for elaborating Bachelor thesis, summary and analysis of the research results. 1., 2. attestation work
•Skills: students are able to summarize and analyse the obtained results, draw conclusions and present the results in front of the State Examination Commission. 3. attestation work
•Competence: students are competent to carry out the research in landscape architecture. 1., 2. attestation work
|1.Bachelor work main tasks and aim. Methodology and steps of bachelor work development.
2.Research about existing situation and landscape analyses. 1. attestation work.
3.Concepcion and proof of bachelor work development. Work content and structure development.
4.Zoning of project. Functional and compositional solution of project.
5.Final version of territorial plan or detail plan. Project detail solutions – vertical plan, sections, details, material specification. Project greenery solutions, specification. 2. attestation work.
6.Selection of model composition and materials / visualisation development.
7.Written park design and defence.
8.Work graphical design.
9.Bachelor work defence rehearsal. 3. attestation work. 10.Defence of bachelor work. State Examinations Commission.
|Requirements for awarding credit points|
|To successfully get to the bachelor work defense, need to get positive evaluation in progress attestation works according to time schedule. Student in given time hands in department prepared, printed and bounded bachelor work one copy (two volumes and CD). Student together with the work have to have attestation work progress page, where is positive evaluation about them and from work leader and evaluation commission.|
|Description of the organization and tasks of students’ independent work|
|1. attestation work – development of theoretical research on the topic of bachelor work, with summarising scientific and popular science publications, archive materials, historical visual materials, map and other materials about research topic. Production of development vision, including functional, compositional solutions (all materials have to be prepared in electronic and paper form. Work is evaluated by department commission).
2. attestation work – summarising and analyse of bachelor work topic theoretical research results. Graphical formatting of research object research data. Territory development suggestion graphical formatting (all materials have to be prepared in electronic and paper form. Work is evaluated by department commission). 3. attestation work - bachelor work defence rehearsal, by summarising and analysing results of theoretical research, developing conclusions and presenting bachelor work to public. Prepared suggestions graphical material in final formatting according to topic and task (app results need to be prepared in electronic and paper form. Work is avaluated by department commission and vote for letting student to final defence of bachelor work to State Examinations Commission).
|Criteria for Evaluating Learning Outcomes|
|Bachelor work defence is presentation (PowerPoint form). To the student for defence speech is given 7-12 minutes, after this time is reviewer report, reviewer questions and discussion of student with reviewer. In the end of State Examinations Commission, chairman of commission announces the results.|
|1. Harris C., Dines N. Time-Saver Standards for Landscape Architecture. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2002. 928 p.
2. Sauter D. Landscape Construction. Cengage Learning. Architecture, 2005. 491 p.
3. Landschaftsarchitektur Europa. Fieldvork. Basel: Birkhauser - Verlag fur Architektur, 2006. 254 p. 4. Baumeister N. New Landscape Architecture. Berlin: Braun, 2007. 350 p.
|1. Nicholas T. Dines, Kyle D. Brown K.D. Time-saver standards: site construction details manual. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1999. 398 p.
2. Spens M. Modern landscape. London: Phaidon Press, 2003. 239 p. 3. Apstādījumu veidotāju ceļvedis Latvijas kokaudzētavu sortimentā. Rīga: Latvijas Ainavu arhitektūras b-ba, 2011. 242 lpp.
|Periodicals and other sources|
|1. Topos. Published by Callwey Verlag. ISSN: 0942-752X
2. Garten +Landschaft ISSN: 0016-4720 3. JOLA. Journal of Landscape architecture. ISSN 1862-6033